Lions Night at the Races on Aug. 5 at the Ransomville Speedway
Current and past Lions Club members from across Western New York are invited to participate in Lions Night at the Races on Aug. 5 at the Ransomville Speedway. Door open at 6 p.m.
More information on our Events page. We are almost sold out!
is the Lions Club? Lions Clubs International is the
service club organization with 1.3 million members
in 45,000 clubs in 200 countries and geographic
areas. Lions are men and women who volunteer their time
to humanitarian causes. Founded in 1917, the
association’s motto is “We Serve.” Lions are known
for their service to persons who are blind and visually impaired.
in a vast variety of projects and strive to make a difference
in their local community and in communities
During the past year, the Barker Lions:
We ask you to help us serve our community. We cannot do it alone. Could you please:
- Provided eye exams and glasses for those in our community who could not afford it.
- Provided hearing aids for those who could not afford them.
- Built ramps for those in our community with physical challenges
- Gave 4 deserving seniors college scholarships
- Held a Halloween party for elementary school students
- Continued our charter sponsorship of the Boy Scouts
- Sponsored a Little League team
- Donated to the food pantry and holiday baskets
- Provided funding for the Radio Reading Service, including placing radios in our community
- Maintained our community building so that many groups such as the American Legion, Boy Scouts and Lighthouse Optimists could use it
- Held pancake breakfasts to support the Music Boosters in their fundraising efforts
- Gave out the Robert Uplinger and Melvin Jones Awards to recognize those in our community, not necessarily Lions, for their contributions.
- Make a donation in any amount
- Join the Lions, for the fun and service
- Let us know about those who could benefit from our services.