Barker Lions Selling American Flags.
We still have flags available!
To support the Olmsted Center, the Barker Lions are holding their first Flag Sale. These nylon flags made in Buffalo at the Olmsted Center by the sight impaired come in 5 sizes. The 3’ by 5’ flag is $29; the 4’ b 6’ flag is $37; the 5’ by 8’ flag is $58, the 6’ by 10’ flag is $79 and the 8’ by 12’ flag is $125. They can be ordered by emailing Roar@BarkerLions.org or calling 778-7001.
On Saturday, September 19, the Barker Lions will hold another chicken
barbecue. The complete meal consists of a half chicken, baked beans,
macaroni salad, roll and butter. The included dessert is a locally
grown, fresh picked apple. Presale tickets are $10, at the door is
$11. Tickets are available by calling Lion Margo at 778-7001 or by
The Barker Lions want to thank everyone who supported our summer
Chicken barbecue. Over 500 dinners were served at each. As Helen
Kellerís Knights of the Blind, the Lions club funds glasses and
hearing aids for those in our community who cannot afford them. We
also install wheelchair lifts and have a loan closet for those with
health challenges. The funds raised will further these efforts.
Dinners will be ready for pick up at 11 AM at the Barker Lions
Building on Main Street in Barker. Presale dinners are held until 1
PM. To meet the socially distancing standards, there will be a Lion
at the door to admit people to pick up their dinners or to bring the
The Barker Lions are also continuing their American Flag sale. Made
by the Visually Impaired at the Olmsted Center in Buffalo, these are
durable nylon flags. The 3 foot by 5 foot flag is $29. The flags
will be available during the chicken barbecue or by using the contact
is the Lions Club? Lions Clubs International is the
service club organization with 1.3 million members
in 45,000 clubs in 200 countries and geographic
areas. Lions are men and women who volunteer their time
to humanitarian causes. Founded in 1917, the
association’s motto is “We Serve.” Lions are known
for their service to persons who are blind and visually impaired.
in a vast variety of projects and strive to make a difference
in their local community and in communities
During the past year, the Barker Lions:
We ask you to help us serve our community. We cannot do it alone. Could you please:
- Provided eye exams and glasses for those in our community who could not afford it.
- Provided hearing aids for those who could not afford them.
- Built ramps for those in our community with physical challenges
- Gave 4 deserving seniors college scholarships
- Held a Halloween party for elementary school students
- Continued our charter sponsorship of the Boy Scouts
- Sponsored a Little League team
- Donated to the food pantry and holiday baskets
- Provided funding for the Radio Reading Service, including placing radios in our community
- Maintained our community building so that many groups such as the American Legion, Boy Scouts and Lighthouse Optimists could use it
- Held pancake breakfasts to support the Music Boosters in their fundraising efforts
- Gave out the Robert Uplinger and Melvin Jones Awards to recognize those in our community, not necessarily Lions, for their contributions.
- Make a donation in any amount
- Join the Lions, for the fun and service
- Let us know about those who could benefit from our services.